Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No water!!! What now?

During a recent visit to the Sun City site with members of the Bafokeng Land Unit, I was disappointed to see that there was no water flowing through the stream. This has only happened once before, prior to me finding the "source" of the stream.

I quickly headed to the Sun City sewerage works, and had a very brief chat with the manager on site. He confirmed that the water was no longer flowing through the stream, as this was in line with Sun City's policy to recycle 100% of the treated water for use on the golf courses and gardens. Fully understandable.

I mentioned the site and the use thereof by the Yellow-throated Sandgrouse, and he suggested I send him some more information on the bird and the site as a start.

Hopefully we can come to some arrangement that will be feasible.

In the meantime ... EISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment